This recipe is always a hit at parties or for a quick midnight snack that doesn’t make me want to do an hour of cardio the next day.
Recipe Source: Forks Over Knives
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored or chocolate plant milk (see note)
- ½ cup (packed) pitted dates, plus another 1−3 dates
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (slightly rounded)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2−3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mini nondairy chocolate chips (optional, but really tasty)
1. Place the milk, dates, chia seeds, cocoa, salt, and vanilla in a blender, and puree for a minute or more (depending on the blender), until the seeds are pulverized. Taste, and if you’d like it sweeter, add another few dates.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, stir in the coconut and chocolate chips (if using), and refrigerate until chilled, ½ hour or more. (It will thicken more with chilling but really can be eaten straight away.)
3. Serve, sprinkling with more coconut, if desired, and topping with fresh berries or other fruit, if desired.
Milk: I typically use unsweetened milk when I make this pudding. If you are using a sweetened milk, you may want to reduce the sweetener.
Photo By: Surprisingly well taken photo by me.